Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Graduation Luncheon

I had my graduation luncheon today. This is not my actual graduation, merely a luncheon in honor of the upcoming event. Think of it as Senior Day. Anyhoo, this is me (in the middle, as if you needed the help) with my instructors and Lois, the owner. From left to right: Lois, Susie (she's the Jimminy Cricket of my ego; whenever I think I've finally got this whole cosmetology thing under my belt, she comes along and quickly deflates my ego), Kathy (she's the salon manager), me (duh!), Brandi (she is in charge of new students) and Connie (she alternates with Brandi with new students). Collectively they comprise the instruction staff at the school. I have to say that they are a great group of women and darn good instructors to boot.


Roll Call. From left to right: Tracy, Me, Nikki and Chrystal. All of these folk have been featured in my blog before. Tracy will graduate first amongst us, about the 1st of July. I'm next on the 8th and then Nikki and Chrystal fight it out for who goes last. Why don't we all graduate together? Unlike a regular university, where you get hours for classes even if you miss some days, we only get hours for actual time attended. So, since we've all missed days at different intervals, we all graduate on different days. And yes, I'm wearing my cheesy grin. Seriously folks, I simply don't smile. And no, I'm not that tall, these girls are simply that short.

No comments: