Friday, July 25, 2008

Test Taking

So I took my State Board examination yesterday. I wasn't really worried about the exam as I did very well with the mock exam the school gives us before we graduate (there was one minor detail that had me up at night but thanks to the school's owner, I got that wrinkle ironed out but good). And my spirits were still high after taking the written portion of my examination. There were only 3 or 4 questions that I didn't feel completely comfortable with in answering. Everything else was a walk in the park. However....

My practical exam left me with a bad case of irritable bowel syndrome. I wasn't nervous while taking the practical, nor did I have some kind of break down during the test. It was only afterward, when I was replaying everything in my mind's eye, did I start to have doubts about my performance. And those doubts have multiplied in the last 24 hours. But the bitch of it is that I won't know whether or not I passed until I receive my test scores in the mail. And that can take 2 to 3 weeks (I'll have a psychotic episode if it takes that long to reach me).

But I have a special celebration planned when, and if, I get the good news. Let's just say I won't be in any kind of position to go to work the next day (or operate heavy machinery)

No comments: