Monday, December 10, 2007

Family photos




We killed about three birds with one stone on this one. Heather's parents scheduled family photos Saturday. We also decided to take our family pics as well as Emma's one year picture (yes, I know that was last month). If you're wondering why I have a slightly (obviously?) pissed off expression on my face it's because, well, I was. Emery and I were actually color coordinated for this shoot but he ran outside and fell into a puddle, necessitating an on the spot purchase of new clothes. Then, because he hadn't had a nap yet (he's becoming increasingly difficult when it comes to nap time or bed time) he was fussy. VERY fussy, as you can no doubt see (and this coming from a kid who loves to have his picture taken). The people working the camera seemed determined to take a picture with both of the kids smiling, even though Emery started kicking and screaming from the minute we walked in the door. After about 5 minutes I was getting exasperated, especially since Heather had told them to just take the picture. But no, the people just KNEW they could get a good shot in (much like WMD's in Iraq, this would turn out to be a fond wish). And they kept at it and kept at it, all the while Emery cried and fussed. I think they finally realized by my expression that I was about to walk out (I was) and took two quick shots.
Emma was a completely different story, however. She laughed and smiled and appeared to have a good time, especially when it came time for her solo shots. She is far more docile than Emery was at her age (not that Emery is a bad child, he's just...energetic).

No comments: