Thursday, December 13, 2007

Ouch!!



What we have here is my new hair color. What you don't see is the chemical burn that is happening on my scalp. We switched to a new hair color line the other day and there were some colors that hadn't been tried out yet. Always eager to help out, I offered up my hair as test subject A. I got some Blonding Gels applied to my hair to lighten it. The theory is that you can lighten the hair up to 4 levels (I've explained the level system previously...what, don't you read this thing?) without bleach. What the label doesn't tell you is that because you have to mix the developer (the substance that actually lightens the hair) in a 2:1 ratio it can have some adverse effects on your scalp. So now I've got some fairly irritating chemical burns going on all over my scalp. It doesn't HURT, per se, but it itches like all get out. I'll prolly start scabbing up tomorrow which means I'm going to have some severe dandruff over the next few days. And you thought beauty school was all fun and games.

No comments: