Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Just a bit creepy

I officially have a stalker.

About a six weeks ago, I got a walk in haircut. A man's haircut, very simple. The guy was pleased with his haircut and said he would be back. That's good, right? Building clientelle and all that.

Same man came back about a two weeks later for another haircut. Nothing big, cut another cut, another satisfied customer.

Christmas break came and went and we came back to school. I walk in to the school and the same guy is sitting in the lobby, waiting. He got there at 8am, even though we don't start seeing people until 9:45. This time he wanted color and a haircut. After theory (we have an hour of "textbook work" before we start appointments), I got everything ready and set to go. Man loved his color and cut, even gave me a $5 tip this time. Got a manicure while I was coloring his hair from one of the girls. Said he will be back in two weeks.

Yesterday, same man showed up for yet another haircut and manicure. Gave me an OSU hat for a tip. Said he would be back on a weekly basis. Only this time he didn't leave once we were finished. He stayed and chatted me up until one of the instructors came to my rescue (after an hour had elapsed, I might add).

Today, the man shows up, out of the blue, with bags of gifts for me and the girl who gave him his manicures. Okay, now I'm officially creeped out. Everyone else is too. Kathy, the school's manager, gathered the bags and gave them back to the man, telling him that he will need to get his hair cut elsewhere.

I know this sounds somewhat funny, but it really creeps me out. First, the man is homeless. Second, the man is jobless. Third, no car. Fourth, no family or friends. Now the picture becomes just a bit clearer and starts bordering on obsession. Granted, he could just be a nice man (he's older, around 60-ish) or he could be planning on boiling my innards for custard. Unfortunately, in this day and age, one can never take the chance that someone always has good intentions. Fortunately, the man doesn't know where I live or what I drive. However, he does know where I go to school, which could be a bit problematic. I guess if you see a headline in the newspaper that reads "Cosmetology Student Missing, Stalker Suspected" you'll know its me.

3 comments:

anna said...

aww man what was in the bags!?

tsweeten said...

An OSU hat, some CDs (I think)...I don't know as I really didn't get a chance to look at them

mar said...

Hey, man, most people can appreciate gifts they're given. I just wanted to show my appreciation for such a great haircut. JEEZ!