Thursday, January 24, 2008

Wow, I haven't posted anything in a while have I? I would like to say that I've been busy, kids, school, blah, blah, blah, but the simple truth is that I've been lazy. No, that's still a lie. I've been playing games. Two, in fact. One is online, the other X-box.

Microsoft has introduced a search engine to internet explorer. To get people to try it out they offer points for every search you make using it. Redeem the points at the end of the test period for cool prizes. Seems like that wasn't enough though so they upped the ante. Now they have a website where you can play games using their search engine and generate points there as well. And the swag is SO much cooler. How cool? Well, when you start posting big numbers (like I am now) you can get Microsoft Office 07 or a robot vacuum cleaner. But what I'm going for is a widescreen DVD camcorder (actually I want the Xbox 360 but Heather won't let me get it). After it's all said and done I will have invested about 2 hours a day since Christmas to win this thing. But it will be worth it when I post video clips of the kids on the blog. (and to think my mother never thought playing video games would amount to anything)

The other game I've been playing? NCAA football 07. Yeah, I'm still tooling around on a regular old X-Box (if you feel that sorry for me, leave a comment and we'll talk about where you can buy me a shiny new XBox 360) and since they don't release new games for the old X-Box anymore I have to buy old ones. But the upside is that I pay a fraction of the cost of newer games. And I can play football all day long. Plus, Emery likes to "play" with me (I give him an unplugged controller).

No comments: