Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My Christmas present to myself



The pic is a bit fuzzy. But what we have here is my Christmas present to myself. I am evidently a difficult person to buy Christmas presents for (thats a joke, I'm really easy to buy for...comic books, people!) But I did get a large infusion of cash in lieu of gifts this year so I thought I would get myself something that I've been itching to get for some time now. A tattoo. This marks my fourth tattoo and the first one that would be construed as "visible" (the rest are hidden by clothing).

What does it mean? "Large coke, extra ice". It's how I order my drinks at a Chinese restaurant.

Just kidding (although you wouldn't believe the number of people who fall for that joke). It's stylized Japanese kanji for "father". All of my tats have a meaning that is important to me and being a father is one of the most important. So I wanted to get something that reminded me not only of the privileges of being a father but also of the responsibilites. It's really hard to avoid something when it stares you in the face everytime you raise your hand. And being a father, a good father, is the one of the most important things I can think of in this world.

No comments: