Thursday, May 8, 2008

Emma's Hearing Test

Emma had her hearing test today. This was a much more comprehensive test than she had previously had. The results are...inconclusive (you'd think in this day and age of technology that just a few things from science fiction would be here by now...like a hand held machine that can accurately pinpoint an ailment). The doctor said that she has some slight hearing loss in her right ear, but not enough to justify or warrant hearing aids. The most probable cause is all of the ear trouble she's had in her 18 months of existence. She will PROBABLY grow out of it, but then again, maybe not. Like I said, inconclusive.

They want to do a check up in 6 months to see if there has been any progress. In the meantime, I'm going to start working with her of an evening on developing her speech. Emery will talk your ear off if you let him and I figure that I can save my sanity if I can get Emma to start talking to him as a substitute.

1 comment:

Tam said...

Don't know if this helps, but mom and dad sent me thru a miriad of hearing tests when I was young. The conclusion was that I just didn't want to talk. Patty talked for me and I had very selective hearing. =)