Sunday, July 22, 2007

Family updates


We spent friday night at my mother's house. As usual, Emma screamed her head off when my mother tried to hold her. But then, Emma does that with most people. Much like Emery was at her age, she is extremely shy. But whereas Emery would simply turn away from someone he was uncomfortable around, Emma will let you know how much she doesn't like being uncomfortable, in a very loud voice. However, as is usual, by the end of the night, she was laughing and playing with mother in the floor.
Saturday afternoon, we took the kids swimming. Emery didn't get to swim last year because he had tubes in his ears and he hasn't had much time to play in the water this year (J'son has a kiddie pool that they play in when the weather is warm). However, he did enjoy himself immensely. Emma, however, took to the water like a frog. She was splashing and kicking her feet and laughing the whole time. A side bonus was that after an hour in the pool, both kids were exhausted and immediately went to bed as soon as we got home (maybe we'll go swimming more often).
I start school on Tuesday. I'm a bit nervous about starting school, considering my last foray into higher education ended on a less than positive note (Oklahoma State STILL won't let me re-enroll...let's just say that working in a bar is not the best way to succeed while in college). But this time around I'm determined to make a go of it. I'm getting my degree in cosmetology (yes, that seems about the most unnatural career one could imagine for me) and I should graduate in 10 months. So, hopefully, by this time next year, I'll be flush with clients and rolling in the dough (hey, a man can dream, can't he?).

No comments: