Saturday, July 28, 2007

Too cool for school, part 1


This is Brandi (as most of you know, I can't spell names for anything, so I'm hoping I got this right). Brandi is my cosmetology instructor. Fun, outgoing and always chipper (even at 8:30 in the morning), Brandi has been a definite confidence booster for me over the last week. Why, do you ask? Well, I'm a guy, going to cosmetology school, where they learn to do hair, make up and nails (among other things). And I'm at a serious disadvantage. Call it the "Penis Drawback" if you will. Because I've never had to fix any one's hair other than my own (and that's short hair to begin with) nor have I had to do a manicure. And I am woefully lacking in experience when it comes to all things cosmetology related. But Brandi, God bless her, has been a boon as an instructor. Even when I KNOW that I'm screwing up royally, Brandi is there with a pat on the back and word of encouragement. Case in point: We were doing Velcro roller wet sets (too long to explain if you don't know) and mine looked like ass, no matter how you sliced it. But Brandi kept encouraging me, which kept me from doing something vulgar to the mannequin I was working on. When I start rolling in the dough after I graduate, Brandi will surely deserve a percentage of my profits.

No comments: