Tuesday, November 13, 2007

General updates

Not too much happening these days. Emma's birthday is tomorrow. She will be 1 year old. I'm kind of sad about that. My little girl is growing up. It's nice that we can interact more and it's fun to see her take her first steps and tackle words but just knowing that she's growing up makes me sad. She'll always be my baby girl, but it will become a bit hard to hold her in my lap in a few years.

I gave my first ethnic haircut today (ethnic is the PC term for black...which is kind of a misnomer 'cause ethic could refer to any type of race not Caucasian). I was asked by one of the instructors if I was up for a challenge. When I prompted her as to what said challenge was, she told me that a women came in for a hair cut. And it was a black woman. I immediately said that I would do it. I have actually wanted to have an ethnic haircut for some time now, just for the challenge. And it turned out really good. She was very pleased with how it turned out, so much so that she took my card when she left.

Emery is up to his usual hi-jinks. I think he's going through a growth spurt. Either that or his metabolism has kicked into high gear. He is eating twice as much now as he usually does.

Heather is back to work full time now. She's been cleared by the neurosurgeon for her back problems. It's nice to have the extra income but she works 7pm to 7am so it sucks that we don't get to see much of her.

That's about it. Make sure to tune in for Emma's birthday party on Saturday. I'll be running it similar to Emery's party with updates every few minutes for those that can't attend.

No comments: