Monday, March 10, 2008

Go Fly a Kite...

I wish I had a picture of the event, but my father-in-law has my camera and the camcorder's batteries ran dead. Anyhoo, Emery and I experienced another of those Daddy/Son events that I've looked forward to for years now. We flew a kite together.

The day wasn't as windy as I would have liked, but I still made do with the wind the good Lord gave us. Emery had fun but he he seemed more interested in letting the string go and watching the kite fly away than anything (he actually did do this about 3 times, forcing me to scramble like mad after the run away string). I tried to get Emma in on the fun, but she just wanted to chew on the string.

Still, it was a very fun moment for me, prolly far moreso than for my children. But that's what being a parent is for, to live vicariously through the experiences you have with your children that your own parents didn't do for you. At least it is for me.

No comments: