Saturday, March 29, 2008

Nana!


My mother (Nana) came to visit today. We had some lunch and then she came over to play with the kids. A couple of firsts happened today: Emma started playing with my mother almost as soon as she walked in the front door. This is unusual because my daughter usually screams her head off when my mother comes near her or at least shies away. Not this time. Nope, she ran right to her Nana and was laughing and playing the whole time. Another first is that Emery spent the night with Nana for the first time. She took him back home with her, albeit somewhat reluctantly. She was worried that she would get him home and he would start crying, wanting to go home (she lives about an hour away). She warned me that if he did start crying, I would have to drive up there to get him. Well, it's 9:35 pm as I write this and still no phone call from her. I think she underestimates just how much Emery likes his Nana.

1 comment:

Tam said...

What an awesome Nana!