Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Happy Baby



This is my daughter, Emma Elizabeth Paige Sweeten. Heather and I bandied about a variety of names (I was partial to Zoe) before she announced that she was dead set on the name Emma. I didn't particularly care for it (it's too close to Emery and as they will only be a year apart in school, the situation was rife for bullying). But as I said, Heather made her choice and was determined to keep it. I finally agreed with one condition...I got to pick her middle name. Of course, Heather wanted me to tip my hand and tell her what it would be before she agreed, but I was equally adamant. So, with a heavy reservation, she finally agreed. I went to work on finding a name that suited me...Elizabeth sprang to mind, but somehow it wasn't enough. Finally, after combing through the 10th baby name book in two hours, my eyes fell on Paige. Emma Elizabeth Paige...it fit somehow, the way comfortable shoes just mold to your feet. Plus, if Emma decides she doesn't like her name in the future, she has options. Anyhoo, she's a happy baby, as you can see. Alot like her mommy though, in that when she wants attention, she will get or she will raise all kinds of hell until she does.

No comments: