Wednesday, February 14, 2007


My son cracks me up. Of all the things that he got from my genes, my sense of humor has to be at the top of the list. Take this picture, a Christmas photo at my mother's house. No, it's not the bow on his head (I put it there), it's the expression on his face. Emery loves to have his picture taken. The family photo from the first post is a classic example. As soon as we sat in front of the camera, Emery starting saying "cheese" and smiling. And boy, does he smile! Nothing lights up his face like a camera. But back to this picture. 9 times out of 10, Emery will smile and say "cheese" when prompted for a picture. But it's that occasional situation where he will ham it up for the camera. Again, the family photo. We had pictures made with Heather's parents and Emery and Emma sat for a photo with Heather's sister, Courtney. The entire time Emery was in front of the camera, he was hamming it up. Playing peek-a-boo with the photographer, putting his hands on his head just before the picture was taken. I have a photo of one of those shots around here somewhere...I'll put it on a later post. But this picture...the kids had opened their presents and Emery was wandering around the house (no doubt looking to get into something). I had the camera with me and seized the opportunity for a photo. I asked him to look at me, to which he replied by sitting down and scrunching up his face just as I took the picture. Then he laughed and ran off into the kitchen. Memorize that face. Someday, years from now, he will be headlining the new "Blue Collar Comedy Tour".

No comments: