Saturday, March 17, 2007

Daddy 'n Emery's Day o' Fun


Emery and I had a day out today. I'm trying to make this a weekly event, where we will go eat a meal together and then do something (so far, it's been shopping...he's made out like a bandit the last two weeks...clothes and one of those giant toy cars you can ride in). I know that he prolly won't remember this after a few years, but it's not just for his benefit. I never knew my real father (long story, not enough time) and it bugged me to no end (he's dead now, so there goes the Dr. Phil "Parents who abandoned their children" special). I'm sure that a psychologist would have a field day with me on this, but frankly I don't really care about the hidden motivations. I want to make sure that my son knows his daddy loves him. Of course, in about a year or so, I'll have to make a day for Emma too, but that's okay. As long as both my kids never have to question their father's love, I'll gladly give up my days off....

No comments: