Monday, March 5, 2007

daddy's babies


This is a horrid picture of me. I've never photographed well, but for some reason recently, photos of me are...off...in some way. My children, however, are some of the most photogenic kids on the planet. This pic shows what is becoming par for the course in the Sweeten household. I'll be holding emma for a feeding or some quality daddy time and emery will decide that he too needs to be held. Fortunately, I've got enough muscle power to accomplish both kids (although if this continues for the next few years, daddy will have to start increasing his reps at the gym). I wouldn't say that emery is jealous at this point, but he does seem to always want to be in on the action whenever emma is being held. Of course, he likes to interact with her too. Emery is learning body parts (eyes, ears, hair, etc...diaper changing is becoming quite amusing) and evidently he wants to teach emma too because he will say "Eyes" and poke hers. No screaming or trips to the emergency room yet but cross your fingers. I've been lax on keeping this blog updated (construction work is starting to take its toll on my aging body) but I do have a whole host of stuff lined up. Unfortunately all of the pics are on my data card at my mother's house (it was Darrell's birthday party last weekend and I forgot the card). So, hold your excitement until I can retrieve the card next weekend and grace you all with shots of emery's new kicks (that's shoes to people over 40), some Chuck Taylor All-Stars.

No comments: