Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Mother-In-Law's Hair





You know those horror stories about possessive mother-in-laws, the ones who think they know exactly how you need to do everything and have no qualms about telling you? That is the furthest thing from my mother-in-law (actually, that's MY mother...just kidding; Hi Mom!). Lisa is a great mother-in-law. Always supportive and ready to help out in any situation (okay, that's MY mother too...Hi Mom!).

Today I got to do her hair. She was somewhat hesitant to let me have at her hair (I have no idea why...unlike my sister or Heather, I wasn't planning on doing anything drastic with her hair) but since I've been in school for a few months, she finally relented. She wanted to go with a darker color, something red. I mixed up some Color Sync 6R with a touch of 6G to keep it light (with a great assist from my trusty sidekick, Brandi). The actual color turned out darker than I thought it would be but it still looked great. I cut her hair too, a stacked A-Line cut. Big surprise when I cut her hair...turns out she's got extremely curly hair. And the shorter it gets, the curlier it gets. But that turned out to be a good thing as it worked really well with her cut. I also added some highlights, but I didn't get a pic snapped before she left. I also cut Courtney's hair (Heather's sister) but, also, no pic. Anyhoo, the first pic is the before, the second during and the last is the unveiling of the color (and even though her expression says otherwise, she really did like her haircolor).

1 comment:

mar said...

She got a boyfriend?