Sunday, September 16, 2007

A Day at the Zoo







The company my mother-in-law, Lisa, works for had an annual employee picnic type thing at the OKC zoo. Since the kids have never been to the zoo, we made a family outing of it. I haven't been to the zoo in YEARS (I think the last time I went, my mother still had her natural hair color) so it was fun for me too. Emery had an absolute blast, pointing to all the animals and repeating each animal's name as it was said to him. Even though he was pooped after lunch, he still enjoyed himself in the aquarium (by far his favorite part of the zoo...every time he saw a fish, he would say, "NEMO!") Emma didn't enjoy herself quite so much. She started fussing about 30 minutes before we got there and kept the dial on cranky for most of the time. I didn't include any pics of the animals (unless you count the one with Tim) because I'm sure you've all seen an elephant (the one's with Emery and the bronze animals were quite humorous...after the first one, every time we saw one, he would jump out of his stroller, run to it and pose for the camera). I'm thinking we might make this an annual event.

No comments: