Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Some wedding photos

I know that my wedding occurred about 2 1/2 years ago, but I was looking over some of the pics last night and thought it would be neat to post them here to give people a chance to see what all the fun was about (especially people who weren't there). I'll try to include commentary.



We got married at the courthouse. Why? 'Cause it was cheap and we were poor at the time (at the time? We're still pretty much poor). Even so, as I keep telling Heather, it doesn't matter where you buy the pony, as long as you don't sell it for dog food later (okay, maybe that wasn't the best analogy, but you get the idea).



Ah, the reception. My mother ponied up the dough for our reception (again, poverty issues) and I must say that it was a pretty decent affair.



What can I say, I like to ham things up. Actually, this was one of the more mild instances of me hamming it up (I made Heather laugh out loud at the wedding when we repeated our vows).



After God knows how many presents we opened, I was starting to feel a bit punchy (it gets a bit draining to summon excitement for yet another completely unnecessary kitchen utensil set). The lady in the picture behind me is Sarah, my hairdresser and the woman who I will be working with once I graduate.



Heather, however, was having a blast...if there were an amusement park where all you did was open presents all day long, I think she would be in heaven.

So there you have it, a microcosm of our wedding.

No comments: