Friday, September 21, 2007

Our Morning Ritual



Emery, unlike either Heather or I, is an early riser. How early? He comes into our bedroom between 5:30 and 6:00 AM EVERY MORNING to wake me up (and its almost always me, not Heather) to request A) juice and B) Spongebob Squarepants. The dialogue goes something like this: "Daddy, I want juice." "It's early, buddy." "Daddy, I watch Spongebob." "Okay, go to the living room and Daddy will get some juice and turn on Spongebob."

Every day, 7 days a week. Regardless of how early or late he goes to bed, it's the same scenario. Still, it's fun in an odd sort of way. Kind of like our own bonding time. He will sit and watch Spongebob while I check my email and read the day's news. Now Emma has gotten in on the act too. So, Emery gets juice, Emma gets a bottle and Daddy gets bags under his eyes as we all get up before the sun is up to watch Spongebob.

No comments: