Thursday, September 27, 2007

Back to Work

It looks like I'm headed back to the land of the gainfully employed. I haven't had a paying job since I started school (notice I didn't say I haven't worked...cause cosmetology school is harder than most jobs I've had) but starting tomorrow that's going to change. The major obstacle has always been the fact that Heather works nights and the only hours I would be available to work are nights. But I got a call the other day from one of the beauty supply stores (imagine that, me working in a beauty supply store while going to cosmetology school...it's almost like a Disney channel movie) to come work for them. After discussing it with Heather and securing someone to watch the kids while I'm at work (her parents), I decided to go ahead and say yes. I'm somewhat leery about the hours I'm going to be putting in, considering that I'll be up around 6 each morning and won't step foot inside my home until about 10pm that night, five days a week and at least every other weekend. Once upon a time, 10 years ago or so, I could have done that and never blinked. But now my body just doesn't have the go-juice it once did. So it will be interesting to see how I hold up (add to that the fact that I also starting going back to the gym and it's closer to midnight before I get home). Still, the extra money will be nice and it will let me stockpile some cash to get my haircutting career going once I graduate.

No comments: